Under the Health Minister’s Cancer Patient Fund (HMCPF) the criterion is as under:
- Financial assistance is provided to patients, below poverty line suffering from Cancer and undergoing treatment in any of the 27 Regional Cancer Centres.
- The financial assistance to the Cancer patient up to Rs. 1, 00,000/- (Rs. 1.00 Lakh only) is processed by the Institute/Hospitals concerned through the revolving fund placed at their disposal. The cases of financial assistance above this limit are to be referred by the Hospitals for assistance from Central funds.
The following criteria have been fixed for providing financial assistance to poor patients:
- The applicant has to submit an application in the prescribed proforma duly filled in by the treating Doctor/HOD and countersigned by the Medical Superintendent of the Hospital (Government Hospital) where the patient is receiving the treatment, along with income certificate in original from the BDO/ Tehsildar/Collector /SDM. The details of family members in case of BPL applicants i.e. attested copy of ration card.
- The Directorate General of Health Services (Dte.GHS) technically appraises the proposal and thereafter, the approval of the Competent Authority is obtained for granting financial assistance to the eligible patient. A cheque of the admissible amount is issued to the hospital, which is required to submit utilization certificate to the Ministry.
To avail financial assistance under HMCPF, the patient is required to submit :
- Application form in prescribed proforma duly signed by the treating doctor and countersigned by the Medical Superintendent of the Government hospital/institute/Regional Cancer Centre.
- Copy of the income certificate.
- Copy of the ration card.
- Revolving Funds have been set up in 27 RCCs and funds upto 50 lakhs are placed at their disposal for providing treatment upto Rs. 5 lakh in each case.
- Cases involving treatment beyond 5 lakh are referred to Ministry of Health & Family Welfare, Government of India for providing funds.